Sunday, February 22, 2009

Maybe we're not so different after all...

This weekend was my sweetest friend Noelle's 30th birthday! She loves birthdays and parties and decided that for her big birthday she wanted a girls night! She made reservations for us at the Chateau Elan, which is a really fancy hotel, spa, golf course, winery, restaurant, etc. (you get the picture). I will admit that I was a little nervous about this night. Noelle had invited me and 3 other close friends. However, I did not know the other three and they did not really know each other either. Sometimes it can be difficult to get a group of girls together who do not know each other well so I was a tad bit apprehensive. I should have known better though. Noelle is not only a sweet friend, she is extremely thoughtful and smart! The evening turned out to be wonderful. We started out with dinner at Bonefish and then headed over to the movie theater to see a chic flick. However, we soon decided that we would rather be at the hotel eating chocolate covered strawberries and petit fors and chatting with one another. We talked all night about our husbands, families, parenting, jobs, working out, eating and anything else that came up. This morning we woke up and had a great breakfast together and continued our silly conversations.

I think I was reminded that while we do all have our unique differences (Noelle sleeps with two very well loved pillows, a very old t-shirt that serves as a "blanket" and a fan on high blast), we are really not all that different after all. While I did not know the other girls, we all have a deep love for Jesus, caring husbands and a desire to do good (for some that means working out a lot more than others)! :-) God is so good to bless us with friends and community...people that care for one another and truly desire the best for others, regardless of when and where they meet.

Happy Birthday to my sweetest Noelle! Thank you for allowing me to celebrate with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment