Monday, February 2, 2009

In the middle of the night..

I never looked to see what time it was. I woke up and just felt like I was talking to God. And I was, I suppose, praying and fully awake. I listened to Him also. I think it's a dangerous thing when someone starts off, "I heard God tell me..." I thanked God for change. I thanked him for the changes that He has allowed me to make in my life with Nicole (as opposed to before I met her) and the changes that He makes possible in every day life. This morning, in the middle of the night, I thought about how God spins this planet, and changes where the sun comes up and sets each day as a very subtle reminder that He is a God of change. He makes the leaves to grow on the trees in the spring and then He makes me to rake them up in the fall. He allows me to be frustrated at a situation and then allows me to see things differently when I ask Him about it. God spins this planet just enough to remind us all that He is in charge and is perfectly capable of changing us. God can change us. When ever you're tired of where you are, what you're doing, how you're perceived, how you think you're built or wired, God can change you. Ask Saul.

No comments:

Post a Comment