Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Problem

Hi, my name is Nicole Taylor and I have a problem. Some of you who know me very well, may have seen this problem before. Others of you, would never guess that sweet, loving Nicole would have such an issue. I'm not even really sure how to describe this problem. Let's just say that I can get very passionate about something, very quickly and if I get upset then you better watch out! I will say that this part of my personality does not come out very often, thankfully. However, it's not pretty. My Sunday School class can attest to it's ugliness after I "levitated" off the bench during a charity softball game when I disagreed with a call that was made on the field! I have also thoroughly embarrassed Mark, my Mom, my sister and I'm sure many others with my occasional outbursts at the craziness of this world.

Well, today I wanted so badly for my passionate side to come out but, Mark will be especially glad to know that I kept it hidden very well. A couple of weeks ago, we realized that our insurance had made a mistake with one of our bills. Of course, being the penny conscious person that I am wanted to investigate further. After a long phone call with the insurance today, I realized that they had been billing every one of our doctors visits as out of network. Foolishness! I would never go out of network, just to pay more money. I was certain that all of our doctors were, in fact, in network. Of course, I was correct! The insurance lady verified it. I then had to call several doctors offices, the "network" that we are using and the insurance lady at Mark's company. Everyone was very nice and efficient. However, I wanted so badly to explode! How could all of these people have made mistakes. How could I have unknowingly let these things slip?!? I have realized in the past two/three years that many of the mistakes that I have made are because I didn't know the right questions to ask in the first place. I can say that there are few mistakes that I have made that were just flat out wrong. Most of my mistakes are simply from not knowing the right questions up front. Fortunately, if I sniff something funny, I am always quick to check up. Obviously, my sniff was not good enough this time! I wish I could have found this problem four years ago!

I am thankful that the insurance lady was very helpful to me. The lady at Mark's company was also kind and said that she would call "her people" and do some research for me. Hopefully, all of it will get straightened out shortly. Now, I just wonder how big of a check we will be getting and from whom! I'm also glad to say that Sophie did not see me levitate off the couch although my body tried to several times as I spoke with the insurance lady. Hopefully, next time I can make Mark and the rest of my family just as proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment