Saturday, January 31, 2009

Meet the new hyper homemaker

and her helpful husband! My mom sent me a link to this blog the other day. I only read a few of the posts but I must say I was impressed. I realize that I will never be near the homemaker that this lady is but occassionally it's worth trying. I decided that for the Super Bowl I should make some football sugar cookies. Below you can see the process and the beautiful results. Truthfully, they don't all look as good as our model cookies below but we tried! :-)


Mark made a football shaped cookie cutter because I could not find one at the stores. He's so creative! If you look very closely you may see that he makes good use of his company displays!


While we were decorating I commented to Mark that he always enjoyed decorating baked goods with me. He said, "Yeah, it's like art and stuff."

The finished product! Aren't the pretty? Notice the lovely new apron I'm wearing and the new glasses. Santa brought them to me for Christmas. :-)

I'm looking forward to my next adventure of hyper homemaking with my helpful husband!



2 comments:

  1. Yummmmmy. Great job on the cookies. I want some, where's the party??? Your hubbie sure is helpful. Now I know how much he loves cookies, did you have to hide them until the party so he wouldn't eat them all??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow the Hyper Homemaker blog also!!! I have gotten a lot of fabulous ideas from her. I am in the process of trying to implement some of her ideas!!! The cookies look great. Garrett and I did a bit of baking before the holidays.
    ~Misty

    ReplyDelete