Friday, January 16, 2009

New Clothes!

Today Lindsay and I got to spend some wonderful sister time together. I called her this morning and promptly woke her up from her deep sleep. I then convinced her that she needed to go clothes shopping with me. Yipee! An hour later we were off to the stores in search of some great bargains. We first went to Ann Taylor Loft, my favorite store and least favorite place to work. They carry used to carry maternity clothing. To my great dismay, ATL is no longer carrying maternity clothes. When we arrived at the store, there was a single rack with 8 pieces of leftover maternity clothing. Luckily, I found 2 pieces that worked. I also did a little "regular" shopping and bought 4/5 other pieces that could be worn with a small belly in the future. I was thrilled to walk out of the store with not an item above $5.93! Then we headed off to Gap Maternity where I bought several other items on sale. I got one pair of shorts for $2.50 and one pair of shorts for $1.50! Unfortunately, I will not be wearing those shorts around here anytime soon! It was 10 degrees this morning... and I thought we lived in Hotlanta. I also bought a couple of cute shirts that were on sale. I really just hope these things fit in the summer when I am feel monstrous!


Overall, a great shopping trip and a wonderful time to visit with Lindsay. It really is fun to be pregnant at the same time and be sooo close together. A special yea for embarrassing questions that you can ask your pregnant sister, hoping that she is feeling/experiencing the same thing as you! It's also really funny the reaction we got from people at the stores today. "You're both pregnant!?! You're sisters?!? Due 9 days apart!??" It really is unbelievable but lots of fun and I'm glad to be sharing this time with Lindsay!

1 comment:

  1. It really is incredible that unknowingly you both ended up pregnant at the same time but so wonderful as you said that you can share all these things together during the pregnancy AND your children will grow up together so close as well. Sounds like you had a fun and very thrifty shopping day. So cool for you. I can't explain how excited I am. My "girls" are having babies!!

    ReplyDelete