Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Getting Ready

So we're doing a few things to get ready for the baby. Yes, we have
SIX MONTHS left, but I figure that we should strike while the iron is
hot. I'm building a changing table out of red oak that will "convert"
to a dresser for the second phase of its life. I'm trying to figure
out how best to attach the sides to the horizontal pieces that will
make up the structure of everything. It's silly I suppose, but I
spent a good bit of time thinking about it on my drive home from
Nashville today.


Nicole wants to "get ready" by putting curtains and pillows and other
girly things in our bedroom. I really couldn't care less what's in
the bedroom so long as I can get to the bathroom and back in the
middle of the night without tripping on anything. Other than that, we
could decorate with pink fuzzy dice and I wouldn't care. It's funny
that Nicole wants to make the room so fru-fru-y. She thinks it's
funny that I ponder sticking two pieces of wood together.


I guess we're both right.

3 comments:

  1. Well, mister I wouldn't call curtains/pillows fru-fru-y but if that's what you think! :-)

    Maybe I need to rethink my design...pink dice could be good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, it's a girl thing. Need to get used to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's that Mars and Venus thing! God just made us different.

    ReplyDelete