Monday, January 12, 2009

12 Week Doctor Appointment

Nothing exciting to report, except that everything is looking good. We saw our midwife Julie today. Our doctor, who no longer delivers babies, recommended her to us. Mark and I both want a midwife to deliver anyway, unless of course there is a medical emergency and then a doctor will do just fine. Anyway, Julie was really nice. We both liked her and would feel comfortable if she was able to deliver the baby...

Rant: Too bad we can't control such things! I'm sure you've all already heard my rantings about the terrible state of the medical system. It seems so sad to me that you spend 9 months preparing for this little one to arrive, going through awkward tests, asking awkward questions and being touched all over, only to get to the hospital and find out that your doctor/midwife is not on call that day and will not be delivering your child. Now you get to experience all of those awkwards all over again with some strange personality that you have never met. I know, I know they recommend that you switch doctors/midwives at every appointment so that you will get to know them but with 8 doctors and 4 midwives in the practice, there is no way to see them all before the baby arrives. Just a sad thing to me...

Back to the good news...everything looks good. We heard the heartbeat today and it was 150, just where it is supposed to be. All of my blood work was good too. Everything seems great. Although, time is moving along, it still seems like there cannot possible be a baby inside me! Even hearing the heartbeat still doesn't make it seem real. I'm sure the next few weeks will provide lots more changes to confirm that there is in fact a little bundle of joy growing inside me!

No comments:

Post a Comment