Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

I have been so excited about this week! Yesterday morning we got everything packed in the car and headed to Augusta! Caroline and I are spending the week here with Grinny and Grandude, while Mark brings home the bacon!


On the way out of town we stopped at East Cobb UMC, where I work, for Caroline's first Easter egg hunt. I am proud to say that she successfully snagged ONE Easter egg!




Caroline was a sweet pea and slept the whole way to Augusta. We enjoyed a peaceful night at home and then headed to church this morning. There is something about being on "vacation" that just makes my spirit peaceful. I'm glad to be here!

I also love visiting my parent's church in Augusta. My old youth pastor is the pastor and the church is full of young, couples many of whom are just beginning their walk with Christ. It makes for a vibrant worship service!


Warning...cheesy Mom brag. When I went to pick Caroline up in the nursery I got two great compliments. There were about 6 babies in the nursery and just as many adults. Caroline was chilled out relaxing in the arms of another Dad! One of the adults said, "She wins the best baby award! She didn't make a peep the whole time." Several other parents agreed! Then the wife of the man who was holding Caroline said, "I think he's in love. He's now ready for a daughter of his own!" I was one proud mama. :-)


Here are a few pictures from after church...





Our family pictures are few and far between these days so I always have to post them. Hopefully, we can start being more intentional about getting family pictures!


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful family!!! We so enjoyed your visit to Augusta ... it was sad to say goodbye. Little Caroline is growing up so fast and I just can't get enough of her; she's adorable.

    ReplyDelete