Sunday, May 30, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

We've had a great annivesary so far, thanks to Mark. Friday Caroline and I got home from the grocery store and Mark handed me a card that led me on a scavenger hunt where I eventually found a new camera! It seems that it wasn't long ago that he bought me another camera. Unfortunately that one didn't last too long. This time we are going to be sure to keep the receipt and the original box so that if this one has problems we can correct it! Friday afternoon Mark hooked up another one of our new toys and we went for a ride. I'm not sure that Caroline loved it as much as we did but it was fun!



Later that night Mom and Vern came into town to be with Caroline so that Mark and I could hang out in Chattanooga for the weekend. We are having a great time! While I miss Caroline like crazy, it has been so great to relax here with Mark.

Caroline saying, "Mom, please don't leave me!"


Thankfully, I know that she is in good hands. I've been a good Mom and have only called twice so far. Both times she was making a joyful noise in the background!

Yesterday we went to Ruby Falls which is a waterfall inside of a cave. I think the older that I get the more fearful I become. The first few minutes in the cave were filled with crazy thoughts like, "What is there is an earthquake and the cave smooshes us to pieces?!" I eventually relaxed and enjoyed our time inside.

Best picture of the day. I think this was when I was still feeling a bit nervous about the cave!



We did some reading yesterday afternoon and then walked the town last night. Chattanooga has such a great downtown with parks, green grass, water fountains, restaurants and fun shops everywhere. I'm so glad that we have been able to be on our own schedule. Normally we are worried about getting home to the babysitter or making sure to get home for Caorline to get to bed. I'm very thankful for this time!


No comments:

Post a Comment