Thursday, May 13, 2010

Oh to be a private jet

I am posting this from 34,000 feet over the border between Tennessee and Kentucky, on my way to Chicago. When we taxied out of Atlanta, I watched as we passed several large airliners that were all painted their own colors.. they were private airliners... not a bad gig. Airliners now purposed for flying the rich and famous. I then glanced at the lowly 767 in line behind it and noticed a sad look on it's face. You see, all airliners want to be private jets. They want to quit appealing to the cattle-like masses and focus on the people who will take them to exotic airports around the world. Airliners go where they're told, do the same things over and over. They've given up the dream to strike out on their own, and have put on the corporate paint that provides security, and steady work.

FYI, I'm now about to cross into Indiana. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment