Saturday, March 7, 2009

Baby Stuff

I have been agonizing about the cost of baby stuff ever since we found out we were pregnant. All the important things seem to cost $200 (stroller, car seat, crib, bed, etc.). Eeeks! I really don't like to spend a lot of money on things. I like nice things but at a cheap price. I'm difficult, I know! After a few months of walking through stores and then totally avoiding stores because it was overload for me, we have finally made some purchases! Today we went to The Baby Store and bought our crib, rocking chair and mattress. Yipee! Mark and I are so relieved to have that stuff done! Although, it was funny because when we went to purchase the stuff, Mark handed the lady his whole wallet to pay!

We have also received an activity blanket, swing, pack and play, bath tub, jump-a-roo and car seat from my friend Noelle! I'm really thankful to have a friend that is willing to share all of her goodies with us!

Of course, there are still a million things that we will need. My Mom is coming to visit this week so I'm hoping we will be able to pick out some bedding and some other decor for the baby room. Other than that, we will probably not be buying much baby stuff until June or so! I'm so glad! Spending enormous amounts of money truly wears me out! I'm going to take a nap!

1 comment:

  1. So excited you got your crib and rocking chair and with Mark making the chest you have 3 huge items out of the way. Noelle is a sweetie for sharing those other items with you, WOW.

    Get lots of naps and don't stress - it's not good for "Ida Pretty Girl". I'm sure along the way you will get baby gifts and money to buy some of the other things you need. I bet there's others (um, like me) who have already bought a thing or two. LOL

    ReplyDelete