Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Knitting Angels

I may have mentioned before on the blog but I think it's worth mentioning again, "I have become a Knitting Angel." The Knitting Angels are the old ladies at church that get together and knit every Tuesday morning. A couple of years ago a friend tried to teach me to knit but it didn't last very long because my friend lived far away and I was never able to ask her questions when I messed up. However, I can see my new angel friends every Tuesday if I want. A couple of months ago, my friend Adrienne and I started going on Tuesday mornings. I reluctantly finished my first knitting project, a scarf, that I had started two years earlier. It's not pretty! I was determined to do something "good" this time around, since I felt more comfortable with the whole process. I got a pattern for a "baby cap" and got some fun colors. My knitting angels and Mark! stood by my side and helped me along the way. Youtube was also a big help when I wanted to learn how to add new colors to my project. Although the project is not completely finished, I couldn't resist taking a picture of my handiwork! I will have to wait until next Tuesday for the angels to help me complete it. I have to "sew" up the back seam and anyone who knows me knows that I don't sew! I do have another pair of needles, so I hope to start another baby hat project. Can't have too many baby hats, right? Although I think the hat will be a little too big for when our little girl first arrives, she will grow into it at some point!


3 comments:

  1. Awww, it's beautiful! You did a great job. It will be fun to see your little girl wear it the first time and to know that Mommy made it especially for her. So what color is the next one going to be??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knitting Angels are very important!!! When Isabel was in the NICU she was given hats by women that had be knitting VERY SMALL hats for the preemies!!! We are so blessed to have her first hat, her second hat, and her big girl hat (a hat that she was suppose to grow big and strong to fit into).

    Great job on the hat...I wish I had the knitting bug!!
    ~Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Misty, I'm so glad that Isabel got a hat while in the NICU. It is crazy to see how tiny they are made for those little babies! At this point, I have been a little selfish in making things just for myself but I'm hoping to soon start making some things for others! The angels make hats, prayer shawls and all kinds of other things for people all around the world!

    ReplyDelete