Sunday, March 15, 2009

Feminine?

Last Sunday Mark and I were talking to his parents on Skype. It has been so wonderful to catch up with them on Skype since they live so far away from us! It feels like we are just sitting across the table from each other having a conversation! Of course, we had a few moments of chatter about the little girl that is on the way and Mark's Mom made a comment that surprised me. She was actually reporting what Mark's Dad had said, "Mark and Nicole's little girl is going to be sweet and feminine just like Nicole." I was shocked(in a nice way). I had just never really thought of myself as feminine! I've never been afraid to sweat and get dirty. Mark and I can often be found working on projects together. He can attest to you that although I am not as strong as he is, I work just as hard. We have built a fence together, a friends deck, carried multiple railroad ties across the yard and much more. When Mark is out of town and the grass is too tall, I will mow it. I LOVE sports. I played almost every sport imaginable growing up and now one of my favorite fall activities is watching college football! Feminine - I don't know?? I guess I just had never quite thought of myself in that way.

Well, apparently Mark's Dad knows me better than I know myself! This past week my Mom came up to visit! YIPEE! It was so great to have her here. We did lots of girly things...mostly shopping and spending lots of money. We also picked out the fabric and paint for our little girls' room. This is where I learned how "feminine" I really am. The fabric is a floral pattern and we are going to paint the walls a very light pink! Even before we were pregnant, I asked Mark, "If we have a girl, can we put a chandelier her room?" He kindly obliged so we also picked out a little chandelier this week! I love it (I'm not so sure Mark does though)! So, after all of my decor choices I have decided that maybe I really am feminine and I guess that's not such a bad thing! I am so excited to see the baby room come together. I'm hoping to get all of the painting done this week and then will be anxiously awaiting our furniture and my super seamstress (Mom) to work on the curtains/bedding. Everything is coming together!

1 comment:

  1. I think people may look at you and see that beautiful "peaches and cream" complexion and long pretty hair and see a lady, however, you are a great mix - I bet that's why Mark fell in love with you!

    I sure had a great time visiting with you. This little girl is going to have a beautiful room.

    ReplyDelete