Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Progress

I've attached an updated picture of the changing table. The drawers are in place and actually move in and out. You can see from the picture that I don't yet have drawer handles, so getting the things out is done delicately with blue tape! You may also be able to see a problem I just discovered tonight. I can't bring myself to type the nature of my mistake... :) My next task is to figure out a creative way to fix the mistake I made. A great wood worker once said that master artisans make mistakes too, they just know how to fix them better than a beginner would. We're going to see if this looks like I made a mistake, or a decorative design.

2 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous! I think we will commission you to do ours :) If you want some really cool knobs/handles, let me know, because I get almost 50% of through Amerock (http://www.amerock.com/enUS/Home/default.html). They have some really cool products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!! You should be so proud. I can't wait to see it all stained and with handles sitting in your baby girl's room. Some day she will learn that her daddy made this especially for her and the love he put into it. What a treasure. Great job Daddy!

    ReplyDelete