Friday, March 27, 2009

Right words, right time

I do not have the right words today. Once again I am in the "in between", wanting a "job" where I can be useful and needed and waiting for a little girl that is going to come and change my life in ways that I cannot begin to fathom. I'm not sure that any of my ramblings will make sense today but I have found once again that God's word is always the right word at the right time.

Yesterday morning I woke up and prayed as I do every morning, yet I did not take the time to open God's word. I rushed out the door to work. This morning as I flipped open my daily devotion, "Jesus Calling" I saw the title for March 26th was, "Waiting on God." I decided to read this devotion before moving on to March 27th. The Scripture was...

Lamentations 3:25-26 "The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul that seeks him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."

Psalms 16:11 "You show me the path of life. In your presence there is fullness of joy; in your right hand are pleasures forevermore."

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."

I'm not even really sure what to say....I just know that God's word brings me peace and comfort and that I know I need to be waiting on Him. I'm doing all I know to follow Him in my life and that's all I can do. I regret not taking the time to be with God yesterday morning. I felt down and discouraged yesterday and how this would have been a good word for me.

I then flipped over to todays devotion and the words were just as relevant for me today. The title, "Be Still in My Presence." Oh how true these words are for me. I will be still somewhat today because I am not working and it is raining and gross outside. Although being still is a lot more than simply not working or being out and about. I know that being still is really about listening and being open to hearing God speak to my heart. The devotion today was talking about how as I wait on the Lord, he will transform me by the renewing of my mind (Romans 12:2). My poor lost mind needs constant renewing and transforming by the Lord.

The devotion was also a good reminder that God is deeply grieved when His blessings becomes idols in our hearts. Anything in our lives can become an idol, if it distracts us from God as our first love. Mark continues to remind me that I should be using this time of quiet in my life to seek God and be still. However, I have been caught with many idols, wanting to please others, jobs, security and much more.

I really have no excuse. My prayer is that I will wait on God, seek Him and follow Him with all my heart. Only God can bring a renewed mind, a fullness of joy and pleasures forevermore.

2 comments:

  1. You have such a good heart Nicole and I know you have struggled for several months now. I know how hard it is to wait on God, as humans we want instant answers. I am so guilty of that myself. I have and will continue to pray for you sweetie. God will bring you peace you wait and see.

    ReplyDelete