Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Creating history

So many things that happen have a great story to them. The story details how the idea or whatever was first conceived and how it lead to this or that. History tells stories that I'd like to create. I just had an "a HA" moment that I must share. I'm reading a book about epidemics and social phenomena (if that's a word). It talks about what factors set things up to succeed and what types of people cause things to take off or fizzle out. It's a great read.

So I began thinking about how I wish customers would buy my products. How do I work to create an energy that others latch onto? How do I choose which accounts to target so that the successes are magnified? How do I recognize when I'm riding a tired or dead horse? Who do I need to meet in order to set the series in motion?

As a coincidence, on TV right now (I'm in a hotel in Alabama) the History Channel has a thing on about tsunamis and how they start and spread. In a nutshell, that's my job. I am responsible for getting people to use our products. I want them to tell others who will then buy our brand. I don't want to waste my time making waves in a lake when the real waves get moving in the ocean.

Just thinking online....

No comments:

Post a Comment