Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Weekend

This past Friday Mark and I headed home to Augusta to visit family, go to the Masters and celebrate Easter! We enjoyed our time at home and were really thankful for such beautiful weather. We spent much of Saturday and Sunday outside enjoying the fresh air. Sunday afternoon Mark rode home with Lindsay and Brad and I stayed behind to hang out with Mom and sew some things for Caroline.

Mom is such a good seamstress and I have stayed far away from the sewing room at home for many years. It's a scary place! However, as I am getting to be an old lady I have been trying to open my mind. There is something about having an abundance of free time and being pregnant that makes me want try these motherly things! Mom taught me a lot over the past couple of days and I started working on my very first, very SIMPLE dress for Caroline! I did not finish it while in Augusta because we were too busy working on other projects. I'm hoping that I will finish it now that I am home though....that will be the true test to see if I learned anything! While I did not finish the dress, Mom and I made Caroline's quilt, bumber pad, and crib skirt. The bumper pad and crib skirt still have a few finishing touches that need to be made but both are about 95% complete. I brought them home anyway and have already put them in the crib and taken pictures but will probably wait a little bit to post them. I'm really happy with the way everything has turned out! Mark also completed the changing table/dresser and has moved it into the room. It looks awesome!! I will let him post the final pictures of that soon too!

I did want to post a couple of pictures of things I had when I was a baby that Caroline will now enjoy! The first is the cradle that I used when I was a baby.

The next picture is Miss Piggy! My mom took a ceramics class while she was pregnant with me and painted Miss Piggy, the piggy bank, for me. Miss Piggy was in my room for longer than she should have been growing up and now she will sit in Caroline's room! :-)It's really a treat to have some of the things that I had when I was a baby now being used in Caroline's room. Of course, not everything that has been saved is worth being used again! Mark and I have to pick and choose carefully!

1 comment:

  1. I so enjoyed our time together and we couldn't have gotten all the sewing accomplished that we did without doing it together. You are a quick learner and I can't wait to see little Caroline's dress when you finish. Remember, this is your first dress EVER - practice makes perfect. Have fun! Love ya, Madre P.S. I'm glad you are using your cradle for Caroline and I have to admit Miss Piggy looks rather cute sitting in the corner. :-)

    ReplyDelete