Monday, April 27, 2009

Help please!

Since I have been back from Mom's house I have tried to sew by myself a few times. Need I say, I'm useless on my own! I have tried and tried but as you can see from the photos below I am not making very good progress!

Here are my multiple attempts at trying to get thread on the bobbin!

As you can see, it's not from lack of concentration! Mark arrived home after my bobbing attempts and got me started.


I know the picture below is not great but look at the pretty seam! I was practicing and so happy to see such a pretty seam!

But alas, I flipped the fabric over and this is what I found!!

Eeks! What a mess! Several people have offered to help but no one has made it over yet. At least Mom is coming to visit for Mothers Day. Maybe she can help!

3 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie, sorry you are struggling so. It appears from the photos that problem lies when you are winding the bobbin. Are you winding it straight from the large spool of thread to the bobbin? It should wind from the spool to the first spot (like you are threading the machine to sew) then across to the bobbin. If this doesn't help maybe we could put the machine in front of the computer on Skype so I can see how you are doing it. At least if I could figure it out you won't have to wait 2 weeks until I get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mom is an expert! you should get her to help you. she made us tons of clothes when we were little.

    ReplyDelete