Saturday, May 2, 2009

Another project finished

...well almost.

A little of this...


A little of that...

And a new picture frame is made!



Now we just need a new picture...


I think it may stay empty until Caroline is here though!

Mark and I saw picture frames made of old tin ceiling tiles a year or so ago at the Roswell Arts festival. I fell in love! I don't know what it is about them. I just love the look. The ones we saw were actually colored and some of the paint had rusted off. They were beautiful. Ever since then we have been looking for old ceiling tiles. There are difficult to find!! Mark has stopped in antique stores all across the country looking for them. When we would run into some, they were extremely expensive. Of course, it would be that I finally found some right down the road from us at a fabric store. I bought two and now they have been turned into picture frames. One is complete and the other is halfway done. I will finish it this week. I'm so thankful for Mark's handiness and all of the tools that he has. Even though working on projects takes so much time and I get impatient, it really is neat to be able to dream up a creation and then actually make it!

1 comment:

  1. Very creative idea! Little Caroline is going to have a beautiful room filled with items made with loving hands and hearts.

    ReplyDelete