Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Stupid Tests!

This is my face in the midst of several tests that I took tonight.

As you can see, I'm not very happy about these tests! I applied SEVERAL months ago for a position as an administrative assistant to a youth pastor at a church. After waiting weeks, I was called in for an interview. A few weeks later I called and asked for an update. They then asked for some references. A couple of weeks later, I called to check up again. They then sent me a link to this website, proveit.com. I had to take 3 tests, one on Microsoft Word, one on Microsoft Excel and another on "basic office" stuff. I must say I have never felt so slow or stupid in my life! Although I felt really stupid, I passed every test with flying colors. Mark says my 87% may not be considered flying colors but I digress. I only consider them flying colors because the global average was 70%. At least I'm smarter than the average bear and I'm consistent with an 87% on each one of the three tests!

I sure hope that they will review my measly 87% and get back to me sooner rather than later. I had hoped that if I did get the job I would be able to get in and get settled before Caroline arrives but I'm beginning to think Caroline may be here before a decision will be made! Obviously, they need an admin to keep them on track!!

2 comments:

  1. My, oh my, this poor youth pastor certainly does need some help. He's definitely a procrastinator - you shared some of your interview backing that up. You could really straighten up that office and his schedule if he'd only HIRE you!!

    Something to ponder ... "Cleaning house" would be gratifying, but you can't change people; working for a procrastinator could be annoying, does he just need help or will he always put off making decisions??

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I always knew you were ABOVE average, actually, a very intelligent woman. Mrs. Taylor with her Masters degree. I'm very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete