Saturday, May 9, 2009

It's a great day to be alive...

Today was a great day! Our Sunday School class played in the softball tournament at church. Although they didn't win a game, the team looked good. Really. They didn't make any major errors in defense, they just had a hard time getting on base. Lindsay and I were good cheerleaders and tried to practice being good mammas. Overall the weather was not too hot and the rain held off for the games. It was a good day! Mark and I always enjoy spending time with our Sunday School friends.

Lindsay had her hands full with the sweet babies from our class! And I don't know why the picture is sideways. I tried to flip it several times and have given up for now!

When we got home I was dirty and exhausted so I took a shower and then a nap. Mark worked in the garage for a bit on the bookcase he is making for Caroline's room.

Then this evening we went down to Vinings. It's such a cute little area and I had a wonderful time walking around looking at the shops with Mark and checking out all the restaurants. I feel so grateful for a sweet husband that loves me and I am especially grateful sometimes. You know those times when you think that a person should be bored out of their mind, but they are smiling and "entertaining" you anyway. As we were wandering through the stores tonight, I kept thinking, 'Mark must be bored out of his mind.' However, I would look at his face and his demeanor and he seemed happy as could be to be walking along with me. Was he really happy or just showing his love for me by putting on a smile when he really wasn't thrilled? Honestly, I don't think one is better than the other. I would be glad to know if he was truly happy but even if he was being happy for my sake I think it's just as good. Really. It shows a selfless love. On nights like tonight, it feels like we are just starting to date again. The fun feeling of just enjoying being together!

One other SUPER exciting thing from today....I found a swimsuit!!! Part of our excursion in the Vinings included a stop at a maternity store. The first suit I tried on was the winner! I actually feel like a normal person in it! I love it and am so excited to go to camp and the beach very soon!!!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, so sad we missed the tournament! Looks like y'all had fun!

    ReplyDelete