Friday, May 8, 2009

Pregnant Shopping

I'm really not sure where I got such a love for clothes. Many people may not realize my love of clothing because my love for nice clothing far outweighs the stylishness of my closet! Buying nice clothing is too expensive for our budget but... I still love it. Therefore, when I can't find what I am looking for I feel very frustrated. Maternity shopping has been such a bummer for me. The clothes are either really expensive or really cheap looking and feeling. I just don't like it. There is also not a ton of selection. Many of the stores (Old Navy, Kohls, JC Penny, Target, etc.) have just a very few items to choose from. The stores that do carry all maternity clothes are, like I said earlier, either too expensive or cheap. There is no middle ground. In the midst of my shopping dilemmas I have been trying desperately to find a swim suit. There are three stores in the area that actually carry swimsuits in the store. I have tried them on and can not find one that looks decent. Either the belly looks good but the top half is falling out the top or the top half looks good but the belly is ridiculous! It really is kind of amusing!

I really don't mean to complain or sound whiny it's just not what I thought it was going to be! Our world is so consumer driven, and there are always so many options to choose from when shopping, I never expected to have such a hard time. I would like to say that from this experience I have realized that I could make Mark and I rich by starting our own maternity clothing line/store. However, I have a feeling that the reason there is such limited selection now is because the demand is not that great. Bummer!

Well, I am off to do some maternity shopping. I do teach water aerobics twice a week, I am going to "camp" in one week and the beach in two weeks... a swimsuit is a must!! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment