Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Baptism

Since several family members were in town for Caroline's 1st birthday we decided it would be a great time to have her baptized.  It was a really special day!  

When I was in school, we learned a lot about the meaning of baptism and the importance of baptism as one of the sacraments the United Methodist Church celebrates.  I felt that I had a good grasp of what we as parents were committing to do.  However, walking down the aisle at church and standing in front of the entire congregation, family and friends I became I a little more emotional that I had anticiapted.  It was such a neat experience to acknowledge what God has done in our lives and how we hope to live out God's love in our family so that Caroline knows Him too! 


One of the other reasons the day was so special was because Kesley was baptized too!  We've been so blessed to be able to do so many things together with our girls!

Dianne Parrish baptized Caroline for us.  The funny part was that you could tell she was not expecting to be baptizing one year olds.  Most of the time, little babies are baptized but we just couldn't seem to get our act together any earlier!  She made a comment about how big they were!  :-)

Another fun note about the day is that Caroline wore a dress that I made for her.  As usual Mark stood faithfully by my side and helped me read through all the directions.  One day those sewing patterns will make sense!  She looked precious in her dress.  I'm so glad that we made it and a big thanks to Mom for sewing on a couple buttons at the last minute!

1 comment:

  1. So precious!! I'll get to do that with my grandchild soon!! Well, he has to be born first...

    ReplyDelete