Monday, October 19, 2009

Day Care

I was so reluctant to put Caroline in day care. Before Caroline had even arrived I told Mark that if we had to put Caroline in day care I would just quit my jobs and stay home. Thankfully, I have changed my mind. It is really good for me to get out of the house and interact with adults a couple of times a week. I still hate putting her in day care because I miss her so much but the ladies there are so sweet and I know she is getting great care. I also know that it will be good for her especially as she gets older. The older children there are constantly singing and reading. I'm sure she will learn things that I couldn't teach her myself! It's also worked out great because she goes to day care twice a week at the church where I work.

Today a couple of sweet things happened at day care. I normally drop her off and then don't see her again until I pick her up even though I am in the same building. However, today I passed by her room a couple of times and couldn't help but peek in. The first time I passed by she was zonked out in her crib. The second time I passed by they were getting ready to take the babies outside to "play"! I am such a cheesy Mom I couldn't resist taking a picture.


I wish Caroline could ride in the big stroller but apparently you have to be 6 months old. I think those big strollers are so funny! Random note...apparently I think bigger is better for babies - I am seriously considering buying Caroline one of those headbands with a humongous bow on it! I think they are terribly obnoxious because of their size but that makes them great, right?

Anyway, back to day care...I am thankful for them. Caroline seems very content there and I know the ladies care for her. One of the workers surprised me today by telling me every baby's birthday in the room, even Caroline's! Surely she loves them since she knows all their birthdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment