Sunday, October 4, 2009

Eventful weekend

We had a great weekend. This is the first weekend in 10 weeks that we have not had house projects (ceiling damage) to work on!! I don't really remember everything that we did but it was good. On Friday Mark, Caroline and I all ran errands together. They were fun errands. I got a new phone and we shopped at Target which is always fun. I had recently received a gift card to Target for doing a research study for Graco. Afterwards we went to dinner and to bed early.

Saturday morning we woke up early and headed out for a 5k. Our church was hosting the run to raise money for two Habitat for Humanity homes. Mark and I have been "training" for two whole weeks and were definitely prepared to run walk most of the race. :-) We did a great job and enjoyed our time together. Here is a good looking picture from before the race. Afterwards, we didn't look so hot.



The rest of Saturday was relaxing and peaceful. We hung out around the house, took a nap, ate dinner and then went to the Marietta Square to walk around.

Sunday we headed to church and then had a baby shower at our home for our friend Amy from Sunday School. I can't begin to explain how thankful I am for our church family. It is truly a joy to have this group of friends. I think my favorite quote from the day was from Katie who said, "I've eaten all of number 4 and I still can't figure out what it is." This was said during our game of guessing baby foods! Thanks to Lauren for expanding our food repertoire!

1 comment:

  1. I love the photo from the baby shower! I might have to steal it for my blog. I also love the race photo! Y'all are such a cute family and what a fun weekend you had!

    ReplyDelete