Friday, October 30, 2009

Poor baby

Caroline woke up Sunday morning with a stuffed up nose. We stayed home from church Sunday because we didn't want to get the other babies in the nursery sick. We thought about letting her sit in Sunday School with us but she was snorting so much is would have been a distraction! She has held on to this cold everyday since. We have been suctioning all that we can out of her nose but it will not go away. She has remained pretty happy all week and has been sleeping pretty good overall...except for Wednesday night. She woke up at 2 AM and I went in to check on her. She was so stuffed up. The poor girl could barely breathe. Really the whole reason I'm writing all this is because it was the saddest, sweetest thing. I picked her up and she immediately snuggled right up to me and relaxed. I think one of the best things about being a Mom is feeling needed. She was so glad that I was there to love her and snuggle her. I could just feel her little body relax in my arms. Needless to say, she stayed with me the rest of the night. I love getting to take care of her!

Since she was up so much Wednesday night I tried to get off work Thursday but couldn't. Thankfully, Mark volunteered to stay home with her. He took great care of her and said she was an angel all day! It's so nice to be able to work together as a team and to see Mark being able to care for her too!

No comments:

Post a Comment